Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Nuts About You

I saw a cute idea on Pinterest.  Here is my take on it.
I have a love/hate relationship with my Silhouette.  I must say that I am pretty proud of myself for figuring out how to create and cut this nut without a file.  It took a looooong time, so long that I decided to make six of them for the sons and SILs; I didn't want to waste all that time on one card!  (Usually I make every Valentine unique and different for each recipient but this year all the guys are getting the same.)
The card from which I took this idea was wrapped and stamped in duct tape.  For mine I just cut out some hearts with a Cuttlebug die and glued them on the front.  To keep the "shop" idea going, I added a piece of wire and corkscrewed the ends.

Challenges:
Time Out - love is the flower
Die Cut Divas  - love
Simon Work It Wednesday - something new (using Silhouette without a file, and using duct tape! on a card)
Simon Wednesday - hearts
Pile It On - make your own embellishment
Paper Creators - love
Word Art Wednesday- anything
Little Scrap Pieces - anything
Die Cuttin Divas - say it with love

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! For a cute card, and making your own cut file! This makes a great masculine card-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super creative and so fun, Marsha. Where do you come up with these fabulous ideas? I'm such a creature of habit and rarely create outside of my little box. Gerat job, and thanks SO MUCH for sharing in our challenge.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. Don't forget about CropStop. New challenge starts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever! Love that idea! Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Creator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, nice work designing it! Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas, say it with love challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is perfect for the males - great idea for Valentine's Day. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha this is just so unique and wonderful. Thank you so much for joining our 219th challenge at Word Art Wednesday this next fortnight. Your creation is inspiring, beautiful and very much appreciated. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! this is so clever :) thank you for playing a long with us at the SImon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! So unique!!Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday's 219th challenge!! Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is very clever! What a perfect Valentine for a guy! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I was not sure what this was when i saw the little image on our challenge but close up so so cute & fun. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative - any guy would love this Valentine! I especially love the duct tape hearts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't made my own cut file. And what a great idea. So creative.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete