Monday, February 1, 2016

Framed Shaker Card

Something fun and different.  That is what I wanted the Valentine cards to be this year.  I have been fascinated by shaker cards.  I made a couple but wanted to try to make one with a frame after I received this beautiful heart frame file by Bird for my Silhouette.

After working on this, I now know what not to do and what to do differently next time but it still turned out cute.  The window box is within the rectangle of the frame.  The box is then attached to the white folded cardstock. This way there is a gap between the hearts part of the border and the base.  I like that but next time I will size the cardstock and make the fold so that there is nothing behind the hearts.
The image is a pre-colored Dearie Dolls digital stamp.  I used some Gelly Roll Clear Star on the printed hearts and to outline the word Valentine.  Besides sequins, I threw in some of the hearts that were cut from the frame, adding some sparkle to those also. 

Challenges: 
Di's Digi Designs - lots of red 
Die Cut Divas - love 
DLArt - valentine 
Word Art Wednesday - anything 
Paper Creators - love 
Simon Says Work It Wednesday - something new 
Classy Cards and Such - love/hearts

7 comments:

  1. Adorable. Something about the girl in a dotted skirt that makes me smile. What a beautiful heart frame too. Beautiful shaker card.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shaker card. I love the heart frame. hank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Challenge. Katie-DL.ART DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shaker card.
    Hope you can also join our challenge here :
    http://mycraftingstories.blogspot.co.id/2016/02/challenge-2-anything-goes-dt-call.html

    Hugs,
    Merlina
    My Crafting Stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super adorable. I love it.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #173-“Valentine” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little shaker card you made! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shaker card, so sweet! ....Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi designs challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. Just love this awesome card and thanks so much for sharing with us at our current challenge...Paper Creators DT {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete