Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Long Awaited Mother's Day Card

Yes, I finally made it. And I enjoyed every minute of it.
I realize that I often put off making a card for a special someone because I want the card to be so special that I intimidate myself.  What if it doesn't turn out ?  What if my MoJo isn't in gear?  And when I compare my cards to some of the gorgeous works of art in cardmaking land, I feel so inferior.  Do you ever feel like that?  Well, not to toot my own horn, but I do like the way this card turned out and the important thing to remember is NOT to compare.  We are what we are and hopefully improving all the time.  Comparison can be a very destructive thing - someone else is prettier, smarter, has a nicer house, etc., etc.  But when we do the comparison the other direction, how blessed I am and shame on me for envy or jealousy!  You didn't know you were going to get a sermon today, did you?  Neither did I ! Heehee.  So after that windy introduction, here is my card made with my new Verve set "Joyful Blooms" which is going to be so fun to play with.
Cardstock:  GKD Green Grass, SU Creamy Caramel, Saffron.  Also some unidentified piece similar to Mossy Rock. (smile)
Sentiment is embossed in white and I used liquid pearls on the flower centers.

Challenges: Card Patterns - sketch
Paper Sundaes - Mother's Day
Crafty Friends - colors
Stamp and Create - for ladies
Ribbon Carousel - word to mom
Party Time Tuesdays - moms
Paper and Such - May flowers
Crafty Creations - frame it
Really Reasonable Ribbon -feminine

Now to do the hardest part of all - to write something inside expressing my love and appreciation to my mom.


11 comments:

  1. Your card is quite beautiful, The flowers are great, I love your colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card, lucky Mom! You did a fabulous job on the flowers, love the layered , dimensional look and the wonderful colour choice! Yes, we sometimes put great stress on ourselves looking for perfection that never seems to come. Don't worry Marsha your work is outstanding!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower cluster looks GORGEOUS! Beautiful card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This card is just beautiful!! LOVE it! Thanks for playing at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card, Marsha! So glad you've been so inspired by the photo! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES, I feel the same way you do ALOT.

    This card is STUNNING! And it's great that you recognize how beautiful it is! YAY you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is beautiful! Love the colouring of the flowers. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...clean, simple and stunning! Thanks for joining us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauitful card! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully colored blooms! Thanks for joining us for the Paper and Such Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for playing along at Crafty Creations in our Frame it challenge! Good luck with your fabulous entry! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete