Thursday, May 17, 2012

So Amazing

Last week I was enjoying a coffee break on my porch, watching the hummingbirds come to the feeder.  I am so fascinated by them, their design, their speed, their colors, their tongue!  So as I was watching this truly amazing creation of God, I decided to play with my camera.  I did not know if the sports setting was fast enough but was delighted to find out that it stopped the action and I could actually see the feathers on the wings. Now I want a telephoto lens for  close ups!   Here are a couple shots and one is so similar to a digital image I have, I made up a card (any excuse, right?)

And finally my card:
This is one of the first digital images I downloaded into my computer years ago and unfortunately, I did not rename it and add the artists name.  But whoever drew this did an incredible job.
I used my Prisma pencils and added some Stickles on the green.  These birds have truly amazing colors and some of them are so sparkly and glittery, they look like their feathers are made with a metallic material.
I had a hard time figuring out a layout because I really made the image too large, so here is to CAS.  Fun to find the shiny ribbon in my stash and also some clear buttons - all to add to the mood of the amazing colors and delicacy of the bird.
Here are some challenges:
Paper Sundaes - things with wings
Sundays with Crissy - things with wings
Digital Tuesday - use something clear
Simon Says - CAS
Di's DigiDesign - Spring
Clearly i Stamp - what goes up must come down
Mema's - Bingo= blue, ribbon, bling 


8 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha, I'm glad to see you sharing your talent with us over at Mema's Crafts. I love the hummingbird and you have captured it's colors wonderfully. Good luck playing Bingo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photo's of the hummingbird - wow! Your card is certainly a lovely tribute to this most fascinating of birds. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the birds its refreshing to see other types of images thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Downloads hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card and amazing photo's of the hummingbird thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Marsha!!! Great job with the little bird! Have a wonderful day!! Gloria

    Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is Gorgeous and those pics--how wonderful with those guys in action--those pics would definitely make a FABULOUS card ;)
    Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha, love your design on this, really showcases this beautiful image you have colored so beautifully. Thanks for sharing those great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, love the image and colours.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete