Thursday, September 19, 2013

Getting Rid of the Blues

That is what my hydrangeas are doing.  As we go into Autumn, my blue hydrangeas turn to beautiful shades of purple and maroon.  Here is a bouquet I picked yesterday.
And aren't those leaves gorgeous?
Here is a card I made today, trying to use the blue/purple colors.  I hope to make another one with the maroon/sage combo too.
I stamped the image twice so I could glue the flowers on top of the leaves.  It doesn't really show in the photo.  Another detail that does not show up well is the clear star Sakura ink that I put on each flower center.  I did that after I decided on this gorgeous sparkly copper ribbon.  The top edge is purple and graduates down to the pure copper.
Designer papers are Heartfelt Creations and DCWV.
The image and the word, "blessings" are Our Daily Bread Designs "Hydrangea"
Recollections border punch
Copper Metallic paper
Stampin Up Lavender Lace card stock

Challenges:
Craft Your Passion - fall colors
Our Daily Bread Design - fall colors
Crafter's Cafe - flowers
Great Impressions - fall colors
House of Gilli - fall colors
Love to Scrap - borders
Simon Monday Challenge - stamp on d.p.
Word Art Wednesday - anything


7 comments:

  1. Wow great little detail on the flower! Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafter's Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to hydrangeas! It brought back memories of my favorite vacation spots in Oregon where the hydrangeas are bursting! I really enjoyed not only reading your post, but also seeing this card. I loved the layers you chose and the great attention to detail. The copper tint on the edge of the leaves is truly stunning! Thank you for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Marsha, and I love your inspiration! Beautiful design paper, layout and ribbon, and ou've done beautiful coloring on this great image...and it's an ODBD! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD challenge! Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Marsha!! I just love your designer paper and your gorgeous flowers!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is lovely. You have captured the beauty of your hydrangeas so well. I love the punched edge of the background paper which allows the matting to show through. Cool effect. The copper ribbon is gorgeous. Thanks for joining our Fall/Autumn Colours challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha,
    This is just gorgeous. The colors are magnificent.
    Thank you for taking time to post this beautiful artwork with us this week at WAW. Please join us on our Facebook page for lots of fun, prizes and inspiration.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! Love that gorgeous ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap

    ReplyDelete