Thursday, September 5, 2013

Late But Worth It

The Doodle Pantry September release is here - a few days late but worth it.  Such lovely sets again this month.  You must hop over to the store and see these new sets. 
I chose to work with the beautiful set "Apples".  As I told Laurie, how could I not do Washington Apples?  My State and with relatives owning some of the largest orchards in Washington?

For this first card, I colored one of the single apples with pencils and used some of the digital paper in the set. 

This is the sketch I used found at 2 Sisters turned on its side:

I made the plaid background paper - love reds and browns together.  Don't you love this sentiment?
I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
OWH VCMP #7
2 Sisters - sketch
Pink Gem - 2 backing papers
Sister Act - anything
Great Impressions - fall colors
Word Art Wednesday - anything uplifting

For the second card, I used one of the pre-colored images, another piece of the digital papers and a piece from another D.P. set. 
The embossing folder is Cuttlebug and the flower that I thought would look like an apple blossom is a Verve stamp.  The base is GKD  Green Jelly Bean cardstock.
For this card I used the sketch at Mojo Monday 
Other challenges for this card:
Sister Act - anything
Cards Galore - color inspiration (green, yellow, pink)

Here is a pic of the whole set which comes with pre-colored and lined digitals.
Thanks for sticking with me through this long post. 
I'll probably back again today with another card for the OWH VCMP challenge.
See you then.



13 comments:

  1. Both cards are knockouts, Marsha. Especially love the coloring of the red apple. Great textures and designs. You aced both sketch challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you placed your apple atop the sentiment. Very cute! And your green apple card looks delicious with all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are yummy Marsha!! How fun that you made one green and one red. You did wonderful with the sketches too.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your cards - especially the red apple - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsha, I love the way that red apple came out using pencils. Fabulous coloring. Both cards are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful creations Marsha, don't know which one I like better, both are so lovely.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are equally beautiful Marsha! Wonderful coloring...
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are very nice, I especially like the card with the red apple, I like the way you used the vine ribbon.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great color combinations on both cards. You aced the layout and have two sweet cards.
    Thank you for taking time to post this beautiful artwork with us at WAW.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful cards for my Fall challenge. Apples...yum...apple pie...more yum. The vine ribbon adds wonderful texture to the card. I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are delicious looking Marsha! Beautiful colouring I love the shading of the red apple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards fun and colourful....

    ReplyDelete