Thursday, September 26, 2013

Happy Bird-day, Tweetie

I've been itching to try my new MFT stamp set and coordinating dies.  there are several family birthdays coming up so this was a good time to break this set out of it's wrapper and give it a try.
No, it does not look like a birthday card on the outside so here is the inside:
I used some of my favorite paper - Heartfelt Creations, Timeless Amour Collection for the outside, fussy cutting two of the roses for the right hand corner.  The punched edge is a Recollection punch. the bird cage is cut out of metalic gold paper.  For the inside I used another piece of this beautiful designer paper.  One of the 12 x 12 sheets is done up in small rectangles so I cut out one of those and then stamped two sentiments and the scroll embellishment in the middle of the circle.  See the little "love" above my mom signature.  That is a tiny stamp from the MFT set Pretty Pockets.
I think the next card I make with this set, I will go more whimsical because the bird lends itself to that.  I tried to make her a little bit more elegant by adding a die cut wing out of the D.P. but probably whimsical would be better.

Have a great day.

Challenges:
Craft Your Passion - no coloring
Crafty Cardmaker - wings
Simon Says Wednesday - anything
Totally Papercrafts - birthday
Stamp and Create - birthday
Divas That Cut Paper - celebrate
Get Inky -birds
Sister Act - anything





8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully executed! I love the layout - and the bird wing is fun! Thank you for sharing your project in the “No Colored In Images” Challenge at Craft Your Passion.
    ~ginny
    Design Team - Craft Your Passion
    RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and design. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Thanks for sharing at Sister Act Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Marsha :-) I have been thinking of getting these sets myself ,, I think I will just HAVE to now !! this is fabulous ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a wonderful card. Both inside & out. Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing the inside which is just as lovely.

    Glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete