Friday, September 6, 2013

Winter Card

Even though I am trying to do Christmas cards to send to OWH,  I am also making a few winter cards that can be used after Christmas. I think this one could be used for either.

The snowman image is a single stamp = ? company.  Sentiment is Sweet n Sassy.  Background paper and red strip are from the 6 x 6 pad Winter Park by Echo Park. Aren't these beautiful colors?  The card base is StampinUp Baja Breeze. 

This is a loose translation of the MFT sketch
My original plan was to fussy cut the snow man  and put him where the arrows are but the BG paper was so busy, I thought it best to keep him on the rectangle.

Challenges:
MFT - sketch
Crafty Cardmaker -  snow and ice
Pink Gem - 2 backing papers
Sister Act - anything
House that Stamps Built - no square
OWH VCMP #2 - O=Only snowmen (or oodles of snowmen -haha), W = White, H = Hugs


7 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card - that snowman image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling, and you're so clever to use an image in place of the arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image, and I adore that backing paper.

    Thanks for sharing

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think leaving the adorable snowman in the rectangle was the right thing to do-- he stands out- but that beautiful paper is also highlighted! Love how you used the sketch and love the sentiment too!Thanks for accepting the challenge to create an OWH card-and thanks for your support of OWH and our troops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous - I do like that snowman!

    Thanks for joining my 'Christmas Snow and Ice challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card; I love the simple layout, and that snowman is darling. Thanks so much for joining us at the Sister Act Design Challenge this week!! ~Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers
    VANIA

    ReplyDelete