Saturday, September 7, 2013

When All Else Fails...

You have heard it said, "When all else fails, read the instructions."  Well, I read the instructions but obviously not carefully.  I wanted to try the challenge #1 at the OWH VCMP.  So I cut out my one inch squares, put the card together, only to realize that all the cards posted were Christmas. Yes, I missed that part of the challenge.  So here is the first card that I made:
Sentiment is by MFT.  Card base is Real Red by Stampin up.  Embossing folder is Cuttlebug.

An now for the Christmas card I am entering into the OWH challenge!  I decided to use some designer paper that was a sheet of old world Christmas stamps.  I cut out each stamp. Had to line them up a little differently but I do like how it turned out :

Sentiment for this card is by Verve.  Card base is Artichoke by Stampin Up and embossing folder is Cuttlebug.

Challenges:
OWH VCMP #1
Divas That Cut - celebrate
Verve -tic, tac, toe inspiration (grid)
Our Daily Bread - one layer


8 comments:

  1. I really like how you lined up the stamps. And they look great on that embossed surface.

    Glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are both adorable...luv the Verve challenge inspired card...so glad you took the Verve Diva Dare!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these, Marsha! Being a quilter (not actively now), I love that they look like quilts! So glad you joined is this week at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic one layer cards! I especially love the Christmas stamps card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! Love the quilt designs and all the embossed white!! Fun one layer cards and beautiful too!! Thanks for joining ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Christmas cards. Love the EF you used in the BG of the Verve card and the images as well. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are delightful. Thanks for playing along at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both cards. Sometimes the best cards come from mistakes. I really love the Christmas card design. Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete