Saturday, September 21, 2013

Vintage Lamppost

Another Christmas card.  This one using a Doodle Pantry image "Vintage Lamppost"
Here is a tip on what not to do.  Do not decide to sponge ink onto your card after you have it glued together.  That is what I did and ended up with a blob of too much ink on the sponge resulting in the blog of ink right above the bow.
I used a precolored lamppost.  I added some Sukura clear star to the flame to give the flame a little sparkle.  The poinsettias on the left side are also Doodle Pantry.    I printed them out very small - 4 really small and 2 a little larger, then fussy cut and layered.  The poinsettia paper is from the set.

Challenges:
CSAYL - Christmas
Crafty Catz - decoupage
Sister Act - anything
Timeless Tuesday - let it shine
Paper Creators - Christmas
Chocolate, Coffee, and Cards - anything

9 comments:

  1. I saw your card on the Crafty Catz decoupage challenge. A lovely card. I wouldn't have noticed your ink issue without you mentioning it, but it IS so annoying when we feel compelled to add a 'finishing touch' and nearly wreak the whole thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! Thanks for playing at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely card and I would not have noticed the mistake, I have made much bigger lol
    Thanks for joining us at crafty catz
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha... this is a fabulous card! I love that lamp post image and you did a beautiful job at giving it a glow! Wonderful card this week. Thanks for playing along with us this week for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty, Marsha! I love the glow you gave the lamp, and got a chuckle out of your "tip on what not to do." I've actually done that same thing a few times myself. :) Thanks so much for playing along in the Let it Shine Timeless Tuesday challenge, and CONGRATS on your win!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I did some sponging on a card yesterday (around a lantern no less) and had that same thought: "maybe I should have done this before I colored it just in case I mess it up". I think your's is fine, I didn't even notice the blob until you mentioned it. I think the bow draws your attention away from it. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful tradidtional card, love this image. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and I hope you will come back again.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Classic! The flowers are lovely too. Your card is the perfect way to spread some Christmas cheer. Thanks for joining in the fun at CSAYL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Christmas card !
    Thanks for your participation at the Paper Creator challenge !
    xx

    ReplyDelete