Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Thanks By the Basketful

Someone recently gave me a box of apples (Washington, of course) so I made this card to express my appreciation.
I love images of baskets or barrels of apples.  This image and sentiment are by Gina K Designs.
Colored with Prisma pencils.  I made the plaid paper with my stamp by DRS Designs.
Card base is GKD Ivory.  The little piece of twine is Earthy Colors Help Cord from Kraft Outlet.  I love it because it is real soft and ties easily, unlike other twine I have that is stiff and hard to work with.
The sketch - Seems a Little Sketchy

Other Challenges:
Perfect Sentiment - twine
Great Impressions - Fall colors
House that Stamps Built - no squares
Penny's Paper Craft - twine
Bearly Mine  - Fall colors
Sister Act - anything

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - lovely shading! Thanks for playing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy and best of luck in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for sharing at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - love the colors.

    Btw, on Die Cut Divas, you asked a question on where I got the magnetic boards. I posted a reply, but will copy it here. :)

    The magnet boards are home made. I bought boards (the art pieces) and covered them with magnetic sheets that you can buy at Michaels in a role for $9.99 (add 40% coupon and the price goes down). A role is about 12 by 24 inches.

    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. That plaid ribbon/banner/mat behind your apples really makes them pop. It's a very pretty card.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week of “fall colours”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great use of our sketch and love the plaid. Thanks for joining us at SALs this time and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine
    Good Luck, and hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card I love your plaid papers.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete