Saturday, September 14, 2013

Let Us Always Remember

As I listened to the radio Wednesday, Sept. 11, I heard audio clips of that day in 2001.  I was surprised, yet glad, it touched my emotions.  It is one thing to remember that day, the devastation, the death, the pain, the terror.  But to hear sound bites again, brought the horror of it back again. 
I made cards Wednesday.  Cards for our deployed heroes.  Cards for them to send home.  But also cards TO them, expressing my gratitude for their service, service that often does not make much sense, service that is not only distant but dangerous.
It is hard for me to be proud of America right now.  But if I separate the country from the politics then I love this country.  And I can be proud of our deployed heroes.
Here is one of the cards I made:
This darling digital image is by Dearie Dolls.  It is precolored.  The sentiment is by Doodle Pantry.  After printing the sentiment onto the card stock, I then ran the CS through the Cuttlebug with the Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I hope many of you support Operation Write Home by making cards for our deployed heroes.  If you have been curious about that and want to check into it, HERE is the link. 

Challenges;
Simon Says Monday Challenge - emboss
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - emboss
Timelss Tuesday - emboss
Chocolate, Coffee, and Cards - anything
Word Art - anything
Sister Act - anything
Paper Makeup - make your own BG paper
Pennys Paper Crafty - anything
Crafter's Cafe - no designer paper

9 comments:

  1. Marsha, this is a fabulous card! Those embossed stars made my heart swell. Someone from Operation Write Home is going to love this card so, so much! Thanks for helping bring loved ones together and thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely patriotic card!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope you'll join us again soon!

    Hugz
    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for joining at CCCC: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet patriotic card! A soldier will appreciate it. Thanks for joining us at the Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, with a cute image and lovely background.
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Paper Makeup Stamps this week.
    Good luck !

    Carla (DT Paper Makeup Stamps)

    If you like it, you can visit my blog:
    http://carlasknutselateljeeke.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a sweet card. I'm sure it's well appreciated!

    Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week.

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing card!!! Love the image and the sentiment. Having a SIL and my daughter in the Service I love it even more!!!! Thank you for coloring along with us at CCCB.

    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. And yes, I will ALWAYS remember!

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    XO XO ~ Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! gorgeous image! Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Cafe Challenge this week. Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete